Tuesday 5 January 2010

Snow Fun in Simonburn!



Imaginative kids in Simonburn really made me smile today. It was worth the freezing temperatures and wet legs to meet these two country gents. As I photographed them I did wonder, 'or are these creations down to the fully grown children of the village', Hmm? Thanks kids, old or young.

No coal, no oil, no deliveries of any kind, well almost. The postman still gets here but I am careful not to ask him why he's late! He is much better humoured than the parcel delivery man who got stuck in the ice. He was really unhappy. 'I've been stuck for forty five minutes and I won't be back until this snow has cleared.' he jubilantly yelled at me. 'Sorry I made it snow and made you come down the icy lane.' I retorted in my usual friendly way. My sarcasm was lost on him such was his mood.

Icicles hanging from the guttering are eighteen inches long now and growing. I wonder if the guttering, being so old, is strong enough to take the weight. I'll soon know.

No comments:

Post a Comment